ACT Membership Qualifications
The bylaws of the Association for Computers & Taxation define two classes of membership: Regular and Associate. A regular membership can be held by any company which has a continuing ownership, or lease and use of tax related computer software, except a company that develops and/or markets such software and except a company which is engaged in the business of providing consulting services or personnel recruitment. Those not meeting the requirements of Regular membership can become an Associate Member.
Benefits & Privileges of Regular Membership
- Receive bi-monthly electronic newsletters.
- Receive invitations to and participate in bi-monthly webinars free of charge, which are generally CPE accredited.
- Receive Conference brochures and invitations. The Conferences allow members the opportunity to network with peers, as well as learn about advances within the world of tax technology.
- Attend Annual Conferences at a discounted rate.
- Attend all general and roundtable sessions at the Conferences.
- Participate in all conference networking events, including the vendor expo to meet the vendors and see what technology solutions are available.
- Participate in all surveys, including the Annual Membership Survey.
- Receive survey summary reports.
- Request queries from the ACT Corporate Tax Automation database.
- Receive general publications such as Bulletins and other ACT published documents.
- Access the public and all member-only areas of the ACT Internet site, including all content and people search functions, as well as the job bank.
- Contribute educational articles for publications and speak at conferences.
- Serve on a committee, as well as chair a committee.
- Vote at the annual elections.
Benefits & Privileges of Associate Membership
Return to top of page